Measles Virus Associated with and Implicated in Breast Cancer

Researchers in Israel found a strong association with measles virus (MV) and breast cancer.

image

From the article: “MV is a ubiquitous RNA virus with highly contagious properties in unvaccinated populations and lifetime immunity after infection. Nevertheless, vaccinated individuals to measles may mount anti-MV antibody titers in a significant proportion, indicating subclinical measles. In addition, MV persistence is probably not a rare phenomenon in asymptomatic populations. MV RNA was detected in 8-20% of organs studied from autopsies, and MV* genome was detected in peripheral blood lymphocytes of 46% of children who were vaccinated two months earlier or longer. All cases showed the same circulating strain in the community.” (this paper states wild-type but I think it was vaccine strain – I am trying to confirm that at this time).

Obviously “asymptomatic” is not an adequate description if it means breast cancer 20-30 years down the road.  The truth is we have very limited understanding of the long term effects of chronic viral persistence for nearly all of the viruses capable of this type of persistence.

I will be building more discussion on this important paper. But in the meantime there is good news in the outcome of this based on nagalase and GcMAF based interventions. Stay Tuned.

14 Responses to Measles Virus Associated with and Implicated in Breast Cancer

1. Cindy says:

What is the most accurate way (not including biopsy, though) to check if a child has MV persistence? If positive, can we then establish wheter it’s the wild or vaccine strain?

2. Wende says:

This is a bit unrelated to this post but it’s regarding vaccines. I haven’t vaccinated by son since he was 3 1/2 years old and he is now 11 and doing fairly well. I guess I am most concerned about tetanus since he is a boy and he can be known to gather things on hikes, etc. Sometimes we will get home and he’ll have scrapes and we will have no idea what scraped him. What are your thoughts and are there “safer” vaccines available?

• The majority if not all tetanus shots are thimerosal containing. Mercury in vaccines can be countered with agents – like DMSA. Tetanus prone wounds are easily treated in various ways and the actual risk of tetanus – short of some interruption of medical services due to major natural disaster is relatively small (especially since it seems he has had the initial series of 4 shots). However if you want to proceed one option to clarify his risk is to check his IgG to tetanus with a blood test. We have ranges for immunity. Hope this helps.

3. Wende says:

Again, along the lines of vaccines, do you feel that any are worth the risk? I just got a paper home from my son’s school saying Tdap and MV are due since he is entered 6th grade. I always have exempted him from the vaccines but do you think any of these are necessary? I am not against vaccines if they are necessary. I would hope that I could order any that would be necessary from a compounding pharmacy to be sure they are as safe as possible.

4. Maria says:

Hi Dr. Bradstreet,

Any connection with the “molluscum contagiousum virus” and autism. My son was developing typically until we noticed a wart on his chest when he was 10 months old. He was diagnosed with autism at 19 months. He is speech/socially delayed and only displays visual sensory seeking behaviors. His fine/gross/cognitive motor skills are advanced. No dietary intolerances or allergies. He has never been sick and only received the first two doses of the hep b vaccine.

We are working with a DAN from our state. Any insight on this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Maria.

• My guess is the molluscum merely is a reflection of abnormal immune response rather than a direct cause of issues. I would evaluate him with testing for immune dysfunction and viral markers.

5. Maria says:

Just realized you don’t give child specific advice, however, can you just shed some light on a possible connection with the virus and possible impact on the developmental milestones.

We are doing the basics of biomed right now including mb12. We will be moving to the next level so along with our DAN, I would just like to have more insight on the possible link if any.

Maria.

6. Cheryl says:

I’m interested in the idea of Measles implicated in Breast Cancer. I was diagnosed with IDC, Stage IIIb at age 39; negative for BRCA, mediocre health. I did have the measles at age 21 – apparently i received an ineffective dose of vaccine as a child. Is this being researched further and where would i find more info.
    thanks!

• I am not aware of anyone attempting to advance this research and given the implications that vaccine and wild disease may both be precipitating events I doubt we will see any funding for the research either.

7. Jack says:

Hi Dr. Bradstreet,

I’ve seen your post on gcmaf.eu about patients progress. May I know if that is really you who submit those progress?

Regards,